What is the most common Filipino name?
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the most common given names in 2018 were Nathaniel, James, Jacob, Gabriel, Joshua (male) and Althea, Samantha, Angel, Angela, Princess (female).
What are common Filipino names?
What are the most popular names in the Philippines?
- Nathaniel – Gift of God.
- James – One who follows.
- Jacob – Supplanter.
- Gabriel – God is my strength.
- Joshua – The Lord is my salvation.
- Angelo – Angel or messenger.
- Nathan – Given.
- John Mark – God is gracious or warlike.
What are unique Filipino names?
Unique Filipino baby girl names
- Agila. This beautiful name is the Tagalog word for “eagle”. …
- Agwa. A refreshing name meaning “water”. …
- Amihan. This powerful Tagalog word refers to the Northeast monsoon and the winter wind.
- Analyn. A sweet name that means “high pitch”.
- Angel. …
- Atarah. …
- Aurora. …
What is the most popular Filipino girl name?
Traditional Filipino Girl Names
- Maria (Latin origin) one of the most popular Filipino girl names because of the Christian population.
- Odessa (Greek origin) meaning “long journey”.
- Perlah (Spanish origin) meaning pearl. …
- Reyna (Spanish origin) Meaning queen. …
- Victoria (Latin origin) meaning victory.
Do Filipinos have 2 first names?
Filipinos have various naming customs. … The construct containing several middle names is common to all systems, but having multiple “first” names and only one middle and last name is a result of the blending of American and Spanish naming customs.
Is Justin a Filipino name?
Justin is a masculine given name of Latin origin.
Is Zia a girl name?
What is the meaning of the name Zia? The name Zia is primarily a female name of Hebrew origin that means Radiant.
Is Remi a Filipino name?
Rémy, Remy, Rémi or Remi (French: [ʁemi], English: /ˈrɛmi, ˈriːmi, ˈreɪmi/) is a name of French origin, and is associated with the Latin name Remigius.
Is Angelo a Filipino name?
Angelo is an Italian masculine given name and surname meaning “angel”, or “messenger”.
What is a good Filipino name?
Popular Baby Names , origin Filipino
|Aimee||a good friend||Filipino|
|Alan, Allan, Allen||little rock||Filipino|
What are popular Filipino girls?
Filipino Girls Names
Is Hiraya a girl name?
Hiraya – Girl’s name meaning, origin, and popularity | BabyCenter.
What is a female Filipino called?
Filipino is the Hispanized (or Anglicized) way of referring to both the people and the language in the Philippines. Note that it is also correct to say Filipino for a male and Filipina for a female. … On the other hand, Pilipino, is how the locals from the Philippines refer to themselves, or to their national language.
Why do Filipinos have Spanish names?
Filipino Spanish surnames
The names derive from the Spanish conquest of the Philippine Islands and its implementation of a Spanish naming system. After the Spanish conquest of the Philippine islands, many early Christianized Filipinos assumed religious-instrument or saint names.
What is Philippines female names?
Common Philippine female names
- Christina – A follower of Christ.
- Divina – Devine grace.
- Evangeline – Bearer of good news.
- Nieves – Snow.
- Perlita – Pearl.
- Blessica – To confer blessing upon.
- Mahalia – The Filipino version of Hebrew Mahala, means tenderness.
- Carmelita – The garden of Eden.